A large, dynamic and growing non-profit organization with a reputation for innovation and quality is seeking a Finance Manager. The organization’s total budget is in excess of $19 million.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Services, the Finance Manager will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities. She or he will lead a team of 3 staff in all day-to-day finance operations including functional responsibility for accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and funding administration. The Finance Manager will ensure that the organization has the necessary financial or other systems and procedures in place to support effective program delivery.
Finance and Accounting Leadership
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of the nonprofit’s financial status.
- Assist the nonprofit’s leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Support the Chief Operating Officer in engaging the board’s finance committee around issues and trends in finance.
- Oversee all financial, project, funding and grant accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets; collate financial reporting materials for government and foundation grants.
- Assist with assessment of the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations.
- Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
- Coordinate all audit activity.
- Leverage strengths of the current finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a leader with at least 5 - 7 years of accounting and finance with a minimum of 3 years experience in a management role. She or he will ideally have experience in a nonprofit organization in the healthcare sector.
- Specific requirements include:
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to the nonprofit’s mission; a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own the responsibility for finance
- Minimum of a CPA designation.
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments
- A knowledge in funds management as it relates to compliance and reporting of government, corporate and foundation grants is essential
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus. simple reporting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
The above statements are intended to describe the general scope, autonomy and accountability of this role. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of tasks/or procedures and maybe revised at any time as required by current business needs.
Job Offline: This posting is currently not accepting applications.