FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT (part-time 24 hours per week)
STIHL Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG in Germany, is a leader in the distribution of chain saws and handheld outdoor power equipment in Canada. Due to continued growth, we have an immediate opening at our London head office for the newly created position of Financial Accountant. This is a part-time permanent position and reports to the Accounting Supervisor.
- Perform general accounting duties – analyse and reconcile general ledger accounts, update cash flow worksheets, posting adjusting entries and accruals, general data entry, general administrative and filing as required.
- Process A/R month-end, assist in reconciliation of cash receipts (manual & web-based), prepare monthly A/R comparison
- Preparation of sales tax remittances (various provinces)
- Assist with annual audit process, and tax audits as they occur; including preparation of audit working papers and documents
- Assist with preparation of annual budget
- Special reports, statistical analysis and projections utilizing financial and related data
- Provide backup support to other accounting staff as required (payables, receivables, bank reconciliations and expense reporting)
- Maintain accounting controls by following company policies and procedures; complying with government requirements
Experience working cooperatively within a team-oriented environment
Post-secondary education in accounting or related experience
Completion or working towards an accounting designation a definite asset
Experience with JD Edwards and SAP software a plus
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent organizational skills
Detail and deadline oriented, while maintaining high level of accuracy
Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Work experience in A/P, A/R, Finance, Accounting field a plus
We offer excellent working conditions, a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits plan. Hours of work are flexible and subject to mutual agreement. If you are interested in applying please email your resume to the attention of the Human Resources Manager, STIHL Limited - firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodation is available in all aspects of the recruitment process. Applicants should make this known in advance.